Summer Bootstrap Camp 2006
Graduate students Daisy Huang, Oleg Mayba, and Charlotte Wickham helped put together short courses on algebra, analysis, probability, and statistics. Adjunct Professor Phil Spector ran a short course on computing in R and Matlab. They have kindly provided their notes and they can be viewed by clicking the [pdf] links below.
Here is a brief overview of the schedule.
- Tuesday, August 15: Probability and statistics; welcome lunch with graduate students.
- Wednesday, August 16: Department orientation; linear algebra; faculty research talks; Oakland A’s Game!
- Thursday, August 17: Probability and numerical methods; wine tasting at Phil’s place!
- Friday, August 18: Real analysis and probability.
- Saturday, August 19: Lunch at the Ferry Building in San Francisco; SF MOMA!
- Monday, August 21: Linear algebra & statistics; faculty research talks.
- Tuesday, August 22: Matlab; PhD advising; computing facility (SCF); faculty research talks.
- Wednesday, August 23: Real analysis; R; faculty research talks.
- Thursday, August 24: GSI teaching conference; statistics.
- Friday, August 25: GSI teaching conference.
The complete schedule: [pdf]
- Daisy Huang’s notes on probability:
- Oleg Mayba’s notes on linear algebra and real analysis:
- Charlotte Wickham’s notes on statistics and R:
- Phil Spector’s notes on R and Matlab: