Next: About this document ...
Previous: CMU lists
I may put more information here, but for now, there's not much.
Keywords: spatial statistics, R, smoothing, standard errors, space-time,
gam, image plots
- To find the latitude and longitude of zip codes, try this U.S. census site.
- The R library mapproj provides a number of cartographic projections.
The R library maps allows you to do mapping and the library mapsdata
provides some additional data for the mapping. These can all be obtained
from the comprehensive R archive (CRAN).
However, be careful as the projected coordinates may not match standard
projections; for more on this see my tip on this.
- If you need more projections the PROJ cartographic projections library
provides a UNIX/Linux command-line tool as well as a C library.
- For making color image plots of two-dimensional data, see my tip on this.
- For doing space-time smoothing using gam() see my tip on this.
- For understanding the standard errors in some popular spatial smoothing
functions in R, see my tip on this.
Last modified: 6/23/07.