THE MATHEMATICS SURVEY
To add or subtract your name from the appended list of supporters, edit the link to
your homepage, or change your email address for communication
with The MathSurvey, please send an email message to pitman@stat.Berkeley.EDU with
the subject header "MathSurvey Support" and with the top line of the form either
REMOVE Your Name
or, with your new entry in the format
www.your.url firstname.lastname@example.org Your Name
as the case may be.
All that is asked of a supporter at this stage is agreement in principle that
the MathSurvey is a worthwhile project. But do consider whether you are
willing to contribute in any one of the following capacities, either now or
in the future, and let the MathSurvey Coordinator or an appropriate
MathSurvey Editor know whenever you are:
- MathSurvey Advisory Board: to be composed of high profile
mathematicians who support the goals of the survey; to be consulted by
the MathSurvey Coordinator about stategic matters, such as any kind of legal
incorporation of the Editorial Network, and the nature of affiliations between
all or parts of that network and organizations such as professional societies,
university departments, universities, university and library consortia, research institutes,
private companies and corporations, private and public foundations, and governments.
- MathSurvey Coordinator:
- the recruitment of Branch Survey Editors;
- development of the web interface for the MathSurvey;
- cooperation with editors, digital repositories and libraries to set standards
and procedures for the registration, certification and preservation of
- cooperation with various other organizations, mentioned above,
to set standards and procedures for affiliation between the MathSurvey
with those organizations;
- obtaining financial support from those organizations as necessary
for continued growth of the survey;
- Branch Survey Editor:
organizer of the survey of some major branch of mathematics,
in cooperation with a network of Editors in that branch.
- Core Editor who is one of a central group of 5 to 20 editors expected
to collectively organize the structure of some major branch of the survey,
and be in charge of the web pages corresponding to major sub-branches.
In Probability and related fields, with areas of specialization:
- Jean Bertoin:
Lévy processes, processes of fragmentation and coalescence,
- David Brillinger:
Inference for stochastic processes
- Steven Evans:
Markov processes, measure-valued processes, random matrices,
probability on algebraic structures
- Jim Pitman, combinatorial stochastic processes, Brownian motion
- Philip Stark: Confidence sets, inverse problems, applications in physical science
- Ruth Williams: stochastic differential equations, stochastic networks, reflecting diffusions,
- Marc Yor: Brownian motion and continuous martingale calculus
- Ofer Zeitouni:
large deviations, random matrices, random walks in random environments
- Associate Editor responsible for some branch of the survey,
recruiting authors for surveys of that branch, and
coordinating with editors of neigbouring branches.
In Probability and related fields:
- Managing Editor informed about technical issues such as file
formats, translations between formats, metadata, mathematics display on the
web, and responsible for working with authors to ensure proper
format and registration of accepted articles.
- Author responsible for writing one or more survey articles.
- Referee willing to review such articles.
- Recruiter of others to act in any of the above roles.
- Pointer to free online resources in mathematics which
should be linked or incorporated into the MathSurvey.
- Promoter of the MathSurvey to people and organizations who
should be encouraged to support it.
- Other to be specified. Various kinds of
advice which will be required from time to time are
technological advice, about web page design and data storage,
legal advice about intellectual property issues and copyright
law, and organizational advice about how best to grow and
maintain a large decentralized editorial network.
List of Supporters
File translated from
On 21 Aug 2004, 10:49.