About me. I am currently a Statistics PhD candidate at the University of California, Berkeley. I am a member of the Statistical AI Lab (SAIL), work in the AMPLab in EECS, and am advised by Mike Jordan.
Research. I work in the areas of machine learning and statistics. I am particularly interested in Bayesian statistics and graphical models—with an emphasis on scalable, nonparametric, and unsupervised learning.
- PhD in Statistics, 2014, UC Berkeley [NSF GRFP, Berkeley Fellowship]
- MS in Computer Science, 2013, UC Berkeley [NSF GRFP]
- MPhil in Physics, by research, 2009, University of Cambridge [Marshall Scholarship]
- Master of Advanced Study in Mathematics (Part III of the Tripos), 2008, University of Cambridge [Marshall Scholarship]
- AB in Mathematics, 2007, Princeton University