Preprints and submitted papers
- Assumptionless consistency of the Lasso.
- Matrix estimation by Universal Singular Value Thresholding.
Disorder chaos and multiple valleys in spin glasses.
- Chaos, concentration, and multiple valleys.
The Ghirlanda-Guerra identities without averaging.
- A simple invariance theorem.
- An error bound in the Sudakov-Fernique inequality.
- Invariant measures and the soliton resolution conjecture. To appear in Comm. Pure Appl. Math.
- A note about the uniform distribution on the intersection of a simplex and a sphere. To appear in J. Topology and Analysis.
Central limit theorem for first-passage percolation time across thin cylinders. (with Partha S. Dey) To appear in Probab. Theory Related Fields.
- Estimating and Understanding Exponential Random Graph Models. (with Persi Diaconis) To appear in Ann. Statist.
- Properties of Uniform Doubly Stochastic Matrices (with Persi Diaconis and Allan Sly) To appear in Ann. de l'Inst. Henri Poincaré.
- Random Overlap Structures: Properties and Applications to Spin Glasses. (with Louis-Pierre Arguin) To appear in Probab. Theory Related Fields.
- The universal relation between scaling exponents in first-passage percolation. Ann. Math. 177 no. 2, 663-697, 2013.
The missing log in large deviations for triangle counts. Random Structures and Algorithms, 40 no. 4, 437-451, 2012.
Probabilistic methods for discrete nonlinear Schrödinger equations. (with Kay Kirkpatrick) Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 65 no. 5, 727-757, 2012.
A new approach to strong embeddings. Probab. Theory Related Fields, 152, 231-264, 2012.
- Large deviations for random matrices. (with S. R. S. Varadhan) Comm. Stoch. Analysis, 6 no. 1, 1-13, 2012.
- Random multiplicative functions in short intervals. (with Kannan Soundararajan) Int. Math. Res. Not. 2012 no. 3, 479-492, 2012.
- The large deviation principle for the Erdős-Rényi random graph. (with S. R. S. Varadhan) European J. Comb. (special issue on Homomorphisms and Limits) 32 no. 7, 1000-1017, 2011.
Spectral clustering and the high-dimensional Stochastic Block Model. (with Karl Rohe and Bin Yu) Ann. Statist. 39 no. 4, 1878-1915, 2011.
- A combinatorial analysis of interacting diffusions. (with Soumik Pal) J. Theoret. Probab. 24, 939-968, 2011.
Random graphs with a given degree sequence. (with Persi Diaconis and Allan Sly) Ann. App. Probab. 21 no. 4, 1400-1435, 2011.
- Exponential Approximation by Exchangeable Pairs and Spectral Graph Theory. (with Jason Fulman and Adrian Roellin) ALEA, 8, 1-27, 2011.
Non-normal approximation by Stein's Method of Exchangeable Pairs with Application to the Curie-Weiss Model. (with Qi-Man Shao) Ann. App. Probab. 21 no. 2, 464-483, 2011.
- Phase Transitions in Gravitational Allocation. (with Ron Peled, Dan Romik and Yuval Peres) Geom. Funct. Anal., 20, 870-917, 2010.
- Applications of Stein's method for concentration inequalities. (with Partha S. Dey) Ann. Probab., 38 no. 6, 2443-2485, 2010.
Spin glasses and Stein's method. Probab. Theory Related Fields., 148 nos. 3-4, 567-600, 2010.
Gravitational allocation to Poisson points. (with Ron Peled, Yuval Peres and Dan Romik) Ann. Math., 172 no. 1, 617-671, 2010.
A phase transition behavior for Brownian motions interacting through their ranks. (with Soumik Pal) Probab. Theory Related Fields, 147, 123-159, 2010.
- Central Limit Theorems for the Energy Density in the Sherrington-Kirkpatrick Model. (with Nicholas Crawford) J. Statist. Phys., 137, 639--666, 2009.
An observation about submatrices. (with Michel Ledoux) Elec. Comm. Probab., 14, 495-500, 2009.
Consistent Estimates of Deformed Isotropic Gaussian Random Fields on the Plane. (with Ethan Anderes) Ann. Statist., 37 no. 5A, 2324-2350, 2009.
Fluctuations of eigenvalues and second order Poincaré inequalities. Probab. Theory Related Fields, 143, 1-40, 2009.
Multivariate normal approximation using exchangeable pairs. (with Elizabeth Meckes) ALEA, 4, 257-283, 2008.
- A new method of normal approximation. Ann. Probab., 36 no. 4, 1584-1610, 2008.
- Estimation in spin glasses: A first step. Ann. Statist., 35 no. 5, 1931-1946, 2007.
- Concentration of Haar measures, with an application to random matrices. J. Funct. Anal., 245, 379-389, 2007.
- Stein's method for concentration inequalities. Probab. Theory Related Fields, 138, 305-321, 2007.
- A generalization of the Lindeberg principle. Ann. Probab., 34 no. 6, 2061-2076, 2006.
Concentration inequalities with exchangeable pairs. Ph.D. thesis. Stanford University, 2005.
- Exchangeable pairs and Poisson approximation. (with Persi Diaconis and Elizabeth Meckes)
Probab. Surv., 2, 64-106, 2005.
- A new method for bounding rates of convergence of empirical spectral distributions. (with Arup Bose) J. Theoret. Probab., 17 no. 4, 1003-1019, 2004.
- Limiting spectral distributions of large dimensional random matrices. (with Arup Bose and Sreela Gangyopadhyay)
J. Indian Statist. Assoc., 41 no. 2, 221-259, 2003.
Back to main page